You are using Exclaimer Cloud – Signatures for G-Suite, and start to receive bounce-backs from sent messages, stating:
554 5.6.0 Message exceeded 50 hops, this may indicate a mail loop. Learn more at https://support.google.com/mail/?p=MailLoop 24sm247046edt.21 - gsmtp [Response from smtp-relay.gmail.com] (e79e1d8b-ff05-456e-a467-9969d2450ffe,7a9db369-6053-45f8-992a-77b7ab3f69d9)
This issue is caused by your messages looping between Exclaimer Cloud and G Suite, when routing via the Content Compliance rule and our server, due to the header condition not matching.
You will need to login and correct the header condition on the Content Compliance rule. To do this, follow steps below:
- Login to the G-Suite Admin Portal here
- Navigate to Apps > G-Suite > Gmail.
- Click on Advanced Settings.
- Locate your Content Compliance rule, this will likely be called Route to Exclaimer Cloud, and click Edit.
- Edit the expression:
- Ensure that the Content field contains:
not contains X-ExclaimerHostedSignatures-MessageProcessed
- Click Save.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page: