- Server-side (G Suite).
- Client-side (Gmail)
This article explains how to define signature rules for Server-side (G Suite) deployment. For Client-side (Gmail) options, please click here.
Setting Server-side (G Suite) options
To set Server-side (G Suite) options (so, when applicable, the signature is applied by Exclaimer Cloud), follow steps below:
- Log into the Exclaimer portal (portal.exclaimer.com) and Launch your subscription. All existing signatures (and signature folders) are displayed on the Home page, in processing sequence.
- Hover your cursor over the signature that you wish to update and select the Signature rules option:
The Applies to... window is displayed with focus on Server-side (G Suite) options:
- Ensure that the first Apply this signature option is switched 'on', then use remaining options to define conditions under which this signature should be applied:
Option Summary For messages sent to: everyone Where applicable, add this signature to all messages, irrespective of whether the recipient is internal or external. internal recipients Where applicable, add this signature only to messages sent to internal recipients. external recipients Where applicable, add this signature only to messages sent to external recipients. Except where the message contains... Text field Use the text field provided to enter a word or phrase that should trigger an exception, so this signature is NOT applied. For example, you could use this option to a ensure that the signature only appears once in an email thread. In Choose whether the specified exception text should be matched anywhere in the entire message thread, or only in the most recent thread. In which case By default, signature processing will stop if an exception is triggered. If preferred, switch on the Add next applicable signature... option to continue signature processing subsequent signatures in the event that an exception is triggered here.
- Click OK to confirm changes and update the signature.
- If required, you can also define rules for Client-side (Gmail) deployment.