- Server-side (G Suite)
- Client-side (Gmail)
This article explains how to define signature rules for Client-side (Gmail) deployment. For Server-side (G Suite) options, please click here.
Setting Client-side (Gmail) options
To synchronize a signature to Gmail, so users (for whom it applies) will see it when composing messages, follow steps below:
- Log into the Exclaimer portal (portal.exclaimer.com) and Launch your subscription. All existing signatures (and signature folders) are displayed on the Home page, in processing sequence.
- Hover your cursor over the signature that you wish to update and select the Signature rules option:
The Applies to... window is displayed with focus on Server-side (G Suite) options:
- Select the Client-side (Gmail) tab, to access Gmail options:
Note: If your subscription is configured for Gmail Only, the Server-side (G Suite) tab is grayed out, and focus will be on the Client-side (Gmail) tab, by default:
In this scenario, there will be a warning message, advising that the signature will not currently be added to any emails (because server-side deployment is not in use).
- Enable the Synchronize this signature with Gmail slide option.
- Click OK to save and exit back to the Home page.
- If required (and if your subscription is configured accordingly), you can also define rules for Server-side (G Suite) deployment.