This article guides you through the process of configuring your Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for G Suite subscription, for BOTH Server-side (G Suite) AND Client-side (Gmail). This wizard walks you through the steps required to grant permission for Exclaimer Cloud to:
- Synchronized data from your Google Directory, to an Exclaimer Cloud Signatures database (so it can be applied to your signatures)
- Configure G Suite email routing, routing messages via Exclaimer Cloud, so signatures can be applied
- Synchronize signatures to your users' Gmail
Running the setup wizard
To run the setup wizard, follow steps below:
- Having set up your subscription and launched the product, you can choose to Configure the full operational service or Try out the Signature Designer:
Note: If you have previously chosen to Try out the Signature Designer, the Configure the full operational service option will always be available when you launch the product.
- Select Configure the full operational service and then click Next to choose features that you wish to configure.
- Select the Server-side (G Suite) and Client-side (Gmail) radio button:
- Click Next to view a summary of tasks that will be completed during this setup:
- Click Next to choose an account with Super Admin permissions for your G Suite account:
Having chosen an account, you are prompted to grant access for Azure to access your Google account:
- Click Allow to grant permission. You are prompted to enter account credentials to use for authentication, when connecting to the G Suite SMTP reply service:
Note: Here, we recommend setting up a dedicated G Suite account to manage Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for G Suite. However, this isn't mandatory - you can use any account that's associated with G Suite.
- Enter credentials for the account and click Next. The next page of the wizard contains Host and IP address information, that needs to be configured in the G Suite Admin Console:
- Follow instructions to complete required configuration in the G Suite Admin Console, then return to the wizard and continue with steps below.
- Having completed required setup in the G Suite Admin Console, click Next to synchronize data:
- When data synchronization is complete, confirmation is displayed:
- Click Next to complete the wizard, and create your first signature:
- Having created signatures, you can choose to define Signature rules, to determine if a signature should be applied server-side and/or client-side.