The process for configuring a new subscription for G Suite (Exclaimer Cloud AND Gmail), begins by running a setup wizard. Part way through, the setup wizard pauses, and you are asked to complete some configuration within the G Suite Admin Console, before returning to complete the wizard.
This page details the steps required to complete required configuration in the G Suite Admin Console. Instructions are detailed in the following sections:
- Access the G Suite Admin console
- Allow less secure apps
- Add a new host
- Route Email to Exclaimer Cloud
- Receive Email from Exclaimer Cloud
- Apply updated settings
- Complete configuration of Exclaimer Cloud
Access the G Suite Admin console
To access the G Suite Admin console, follow steps below:
- Ensure that you have a username/password for a G Suite Administrator.
- Log into the G Suite Admin Console (https://admin.google.com). The Admin Console is displayed:
Allow less secure apps
In order for Exclaimer Cloud to route back to Gmail using the SMTP relay service, less secure apps must to be enabled for your G Suite account.
Allow less secure apps
To allow less secure apps for all users, follow steps below:
- In the Admin Console, select Security Settings:
- Select Basic Settings:
- Scroll down to the Less secure apps section, then click the Go to settings for less secure apps link:
- In Less secure apps settings, select the Allow users to manage their access to less secure apps radio button:
- Click the Save option, at the bottom of the page.
Note: The Save option is only displayed once you have made a change to these settings. If no change is detected, you won't see this option.
- Now, to enable less secure apps for this user, navigate to: https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps
Set Allow less secure apps: to ON.Note: If you fail to allow access for this user, you will receive an email containing the following when sending emails through Exclaimer Cloud:
Add a new host
A new host must be added into G Suite, to allow your email to be routed to Exclaimer Cloud. To do this:
- Select Apps from the G Suite Admin Console (https://admin.google.com):
Select G Suite:
- A list of G Suite apps is displayed:
- Click the Gmail entry (click anywhere in the row - don't select the checkbox) to display settings.
- Scroll down and select Advanced settings:
Advanced settings are displayed across a series of tabs.
- Select the Hosts tab, then click the ADD ROUTE button:
- Define Add mail route settings as shown below, replacing Exclaimer Host Name with the Host name displayed in the Exclaimer Cloud setup wizard UI (you can copy/paste this information):
- Click Save to apply these settings (settings are not applied until Save is clicked at the bottom of the page).
- Keep the Gmail Advanced Settings page open for the next stage.
Route Email to Exclaimer Cloud
In order to route email to Exclaimer Cloud, for signatures to be applied, you need to create a new content compliance policy. You can do this for:
- A specific user (recommended for testing and initial setup)
Routing Email to Exclaimer Cloud (all users)
To route email to Exclaimer Cloud, for all users, follow steps below:
- Still in Gmail Advanced Settings, select the General Settings tab.
- Scroll down to Compliance > Content compliance.
- Click Configure to display settings for a new content compliance policy:
- Click in the description field (at the top) and enter Route to Exclaimer Cloud (or similar):
- Beneath Email messages to affect, select Outbound and Internal - sending checkboxes:
- Now, we need to add an expression which describes content to search for in each email messages. Under Expressions, click Add:
- Use the drop-down list to select Advanced content match:
- Set remaining options as follows:
* Location: Full headers
* Match type: Not contains text
* Content: X-ExclaimerHostedSignatures-MessageProcessed
- Click Save to close Expressions and return to Content compliance settings.
- Move to section 3 in Content compliance settings (If the above expressions match, do the following) and set these options as follows:
* Change route: Use the drop-down list, and select the Exclaimer Cloud route.
* Encryption (onward delivery only): select this checkbox
- Click the ADD SETTING option at the bottom of the window, to return to the admin console.
Note: This routes ALL email to Exclaimer Cloud. However, if required, you can choose to route email for a specific user.
Routing Email to Exclaimer Cloud (specific user)
To route email to Exclaimer Cloud, for a specific user, follow steps below:
- Follow steps 1-10 in the previous section.
- Scroll to the bottom of the settings window, and select Show options:
Define settings as shown below:
- For Account types to affect, ensure that Users is selected.
- For Envelope filter, select Only affect specific envelope senders > Group membership (only sent mail)
Click Select groups, and choose the required group that contains users for whom signatures should be applied:
Note: To create a new group, go to the G Suite Admin console (https://admin.google.com) for your subscription, and select the Groups option.
- Save Content compliance settings.
Receive Email from Exclaimer Cloud
In order to receive email back from Exclaimer Cloud (for routing to the end recipients) you need to configure the SMTP relay service. To do this, follow steps below:
- Still in Gmail Advanced Settings > General Settings, scroll down to Routing > SMTP relay service.
- Click Configure.
- In the Description field, enter something meaningful (e.g. Receive From Exclaimer Cloud).
- Use the Allowed senders drop-down list to choose Only addresses in my domains.
- Under Authentication, select Only accept mail from the specified IP addresses.
- Click Add IP range:
- For each IP Address listed in the Exclaimer Cloud UI:
- Click Add IP Range:
- Enter a Description (for example: Exclaimer Cloud IP 1)
- Enter the first Exclaimer Cloud Host IP, as displayed on the Exclaimer Cloud UI.
- Click Save
- Repeat for each of the Exclaimer Cloud Host IP addresses, displayed on the Exclaimer Cloud UI
Note: A list of all the Exclaimer Cloud IP addresses is available here
- Click Add IP Range:
- Scroll down to the Encryption section (3) and select the Require TLS encryption checkbox.
- Click ADD SETTING.
Apply updated settings
You've now finished updating settings in the Admin console. For these to take effect, click the SAVE option, at the very bottom of the page:
As noted here, changes can take up to an hour to take effect.
Complete configuration of Exclaimer Cloud
Return to the setup wizard, and follow on-screen instructions.