Users contact numbers (for example, telephone, fax or mobile) are defined in email signatures. When the signature is applied to messages, these numbers are prefixed with a country code (for example, +1) however, when you check the user data in the Microsoft Office 365 portal, the country code is not present.
The country code is not present in Office 365 user data fields, however it has been synchronized by Exclaimer Cloud from your Microsoft Azure Active Directory.
To prevent the country code being included in signatures, you need to update user data in Microsoft Azure Active Directory. To do this, follow steps below:
- Open an elevated Windows PowerShell prompt.
Note: To run the PowerShell window with elevated permissions, click Start then type PowerShell – locate the PowerShell icon and right-click to choose Run as Administrator.
- Run the following command:
- Press Enter and specify your Office 365 global administrator.
- To view existing user data in your Microsoft Azure Active Directory, run the following command:
Get-MsolUser -UserPrincipalName firstname.lastname@example.org |flYou should replace email@example.com with the name of the user that you wish to update.
To change the user data (such as the mobile number), run the following command:
Set-MsolUser -UserPrincipalName firstname.lastname@example.org -MobilePhone 555-429-4792You should replace 555-429-4792 with the required mobile (or other) number, without a country code.
- To confirm the user data has been updated, run the following command:
Get-MsolUser -UserPrincipalName email@example.com |flYou should replace firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the user that you wish to check.
- Once these changes have propagated throughout Office 365/Microsoft Azure Active Directory, you should synchronize with Exclaimer Cloud. By default, data synchronization occurs once a day however, you can run this operation manually using instructions below.
Synchronizing Exclaimer Cloud User Data
To synchronize Office 365 user data with Exclaimer Cloud manually, follow instructions below:
- Log into the Exclaimer portal (portal.exclaimer.com).
- Click the Launch
- Click the Settings button at the top of the page.
- Access the Data Synchronization
- Under the Office 365/Azure Active Directory Synchronization heading, click the Start