You use Exclaimer Signature Manager Outlook Edition or Exclaimer Signature Manager Office 365 Edition to deploy signatures to your users’ Outlook client - you need to ensure that a signature is always applied to emails, but you do not want Exclaimer Cloud to add a second signature when the email is sent.
You can achieve this by using the exclude option in Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365, in combination with a text string which is present in your Signature Manager Outlook Edition/Office 365 Edition signatures. You can do this as follows:
- Log into Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365.
- Find the first signature that you wish to update (if you are using multiple signatures, you will need to update all of them).
- Select the Signature rules option:
Applies to options are displayed:
- In the Exclaimer Cloud section, select the checkbox for Apply this signature.
- Below, select the checkbox for Except where the message contains to activate the associated text field.
- In the text field, enter a word or phrase that is always present in your email signatures - for example, your company's registration or VAT number:
When an email message is processed, this word/phrase will be identified and so stop it being redirected to the Exclaimer Cloud.
- Alternatively, you could add a unique text string to your signature templates in Exclaimer Signature Manager Outlook Edition/Office 365 Edition. If required, you can use the font settings to reduce the size, and/or set the text colour to reduce the strings visibility. For example:
Here, you would add the text string 123Signature456 for the exclusion in Exclaimer Cloud.
You can use a text embellishment. For example:
In this case, you would then add the text string ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~- for the exclusion in Exclaimer Cloud.
- To ensure that a signature is added to all emails - including replies and forwards - (either by Outlook or Exclaimer Cloud), select the Search only the most recent message in a thread option.
- If you do not want Exclaimer Cloud to add a signature if one is present anywhere in the message conversation, select the Search the entire message option.
Note: Users can still add a signature to each reply using Outlook. This process does not remove signatures added by the user.