Learn more about implementing custom attributes in email signatures managed by Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365 below:
The Custom Attributes feature must be enabled in your Exclaimer Cloud subscription. Please contact the Exclaimer Sales Team, who will do this for you.
Synchronizing custom attributes
- Login to the Signatures for Office 365 UI and click 'Settings':
- Click OK to sign in as a global administrator:
- Click Data Synchronization:
- Click Edit' beneath the Office 365 Custom Attributes section:
- Ensure that the Enable reading of Custom Attributes option is selected:
- Fill in your details:
- A PowerShell script will run and then your attributes will be synchronized:
- You will now be able to use custom attributes in your signature designs:
What does the PowerShell script do?
The PowerShell script creates a new user account which has the Password Administrator role in your Office 365 tenancy. This is the lowest level administrative role in Office 365, and is known as the Helpdesk Administrator role in Exchange Online, Microsoft Graph, Azure AD Graph and Azure PowerShell.
The PowerShell script also updates your Azure AD schema to support the use of Custom Attributes in Exclaimer Cloud Signatures for Office 365. It provides the new account with all required permissions to read your users' Custom Attributes from Exchange Online, for use in Exclaimer Cloud Signatures for Office 365.