You only wish to apply a signature once in an email chain - i.e. when you first send, reply to or forward a message. If a signature has been applied once, it will not be added again for any subsequent replies or forwards in the conversation.
You can achieve this simply, using the exclude option in Exclaimer Cloud, as follows:
- Log into your Exclaimer Cloud subscription.
- Find the first signature that you wish to update (if you are using multiple signatures, you will need to update all of them).
- Hover your cursor over the required signature and choose the Signature rules option:
The Applies to... window is displayed with focus on Server-side options:
- Ensure that the Apply this signature option is enabled for required recipients.
- Enable the Except where the message contains option.
- In the associated text field, enter a word or phrase that is present in the email signature - for example, your company's registration or VAT number. If the exception word/phrase is found during processing, Exclaimer Cloud will not append the signature again.
- Ensure that the Add the next applicable signature (if any) instead checkbox is NOT selected (so no subsequent signatures are processed).
Note: this process ensures that a signature is only applied once in a conversation and thereafter, no signature is applied. However, an alternative approach is to have a ‘full’ signature’ that is only ever applied once in a conversation, and a shorter version which is applied to any subsequent replies/forwards in the conversation. To learn more about this approach, click here.