Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365 includes a feature called Sent Items Update. When this feature is enabled, any signatures applied will be shown when users check messages in their Sent Items folder - meaning that users can see messages exactly as they would be displayed to recipients.
This article details preparation required to activate this feature, and then how to enable it in Exclaimer Cloud Signatures for Office 365 settings.
First, the Sent Items Update feature must be activated for your subscription. This is done by the Exclaimer Sales team - please raise a request with your sales contact.
Once this is done, you will see a banner message at the top of the page when you access Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365:
Once the Sent Items Update feature has been activated, it must be enabled in Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365 settings. To do this, follow steps below:
- Log in to Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365.
- Click the activation banner at the top of the page, or navigate to the Settings option manually.
- Within Settings, select the Mail Flow option:
- Move to the Sent Items Update section at the bottom of the page and click the Grant permission & enable button.
- You are prompted to log in as a Global Administrator, and should provide required credentials. Note: The Global Administrator account is usually offered by default but if it is not, select the Use another account option and enter details for theGlobal Administrator:
- Having logged in as a Global Administrator, you will see a list of permissions that Exclaimer Cloud will have when the Sent Items Update feature is enabled. Note: These permissions are required so that Exclaimer Cloud can access sent items for users and modify these message with a new, updated signature:
- Click the Accept button. The Sent Items Update feature is enabled and you are returned to the Mail Flow settings page. Here, you will see a Disable option in the Sent Items Update section, which confirms that this feature is now active.
Now, when a user sends an email and checks the message in their Sent items folder, they will see the message with its Exclaimer signature applied.