To use a signature, it must first be applied to an individual user or groups of users within your organization.
In some cases, this might be as simple as applying it for 'everyone', but often, requirements are more nuanced. For example, you might choose to have simpler design for internal signatures, and full contact details on an external version (you can even create an external reply version to be used after the first email that the employee has sent). Other scenarios might include a marketing team needing to showcase an event in their signature content; a sales team highlighting a special offer, or customer services including your opening times - there are a wealth of options to handle all situations.
In Exclaimer Signatures for Office 365, signatures are applied using the Applies To option. This option is available for each signature tile on the Home page - you can:
Hover your cursor over the Applies To section and then select the edit icon:
Select the options button and then the Applies To option:
Having selected either of these options, the Add person/group window is displayed:
From here, click the Add People/Groups button to open the Add person/group window:
Here, you can choose to apply the signature to:
- Everyone in my organization - everyone will get the same email signature.
- Members of this group - select this radio button and start typing the required group name. This is a predictive text field, so any matched groups will be shown as you type. For example, typing the letter 'a' displays any groups that start with that letter:
- Specific user or email address - select this radio button and start typing the required username or email address. This is also a predictive text field, so suggestions will be displayed as you type.
If you don't wish to use the auto complete option, you can clear this field and type your own SMTP address manually. Multiple users/email addresses can be added by confirming your selection and repeating the process as many times as required.
- Advanced query - select this radio button to apply the signature according to queries based on user attributes, defined in the Advanced Query window.
Once you have chosen who the signature needs to apply to and clicked OK, you are prompted to define the circumstances under which the email signature should be applied:
From here, you can choose to apply the email signature to defined users when they are sending messages to:
- Anyone, whether they are internal or external to your organization.
- At least one external recipient.
- Only internal recipients.
If required, you can also select the Remove button to remove an existing Applies To setting. You can also use the Add More People/Groups button to apply the email signature to additional users and/or groups.
Note: You can further refine the application of signatures by excluding messages where the message body includes specified text and/or by specifying a time period.