Advanced Queries allow you to be more specific about which users will have a signature applied. With this feature, you can define queries which are based on user attributes within your email service (i.e. Active Directory, for Office 365, and Google Directory, for G Suite). For example, you might want to define a signature for all users within a given department, or who are based at a certain office, etc.
Note: This feature can be an ideal solution for cases where you need to apply a signature for dynamic distribution group.
Accessing the advanced query window
To access the Advanced Query window:
- Hover your cursor over the required signature and choose the Select users option:
The Applies to window is displayed. From here you can choose users for whom the signature is/is not applied; messages to be excluded (based on specified content matched in body text), and/or a date range:
- Click the Add People/Groups button:
The Add person/group window is displayed:
- Select the Advanced Query radio button to open the Advanced Query window:
Defining a query
To define a query, start by entering a Description (once the query is complete, this description is displayed in the signature tile), then follow steps below:
- Use the Start With field to specify the start point for the query:
Here, you can:
- choose to start the query with No-one, so the query starts with nothing and adds matched users
- choose Everyone, so the query starts with all users and removes matched users
- Click the Add Condition button:
- A first query row is added. Here, you can use a series of fields to define your query:
- Click the then drop-down field to choose what should happen with users who match this query.
The default is Add if you have chosen to start with No-one, and Remove if you have chosen to start with Everyone.
- Click the users where drop-down field to choose an attribute to be matched:
- Use the is drop-down field to choose how the attribute value should be queried (is, contains, starts with, etc.):
- Finally, enter the required value to be matched:
- If required, you can add further query rows - just click the Add Condition button again to add a new row.
- Click OK to confirm and exit back to the Add person/group window, where your query Description is now shown:
- Click OK to return to the Applies to window, then OK again to exit back to the main page. Here, the signature tile is displayed with the query description:
For a demonstration of this feature, you can watch our video, here.
Are the conditions case sensitive?
Value fields are not case sensitive - i.e. entering London, LONDON or london would achieve the same results.
Can I see a list of users who match query conditions?
This is not possible in the current version.