Your subscription is configured with Outlook Client for Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365, or with Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for G Suite, and you have created a signature which should be appended for forward/reply messages only, sent from Microsoft Outlook or Gmail..
A common scenario is where a long signature (perhaps with images and disclaimer text) is required for new messages, but a short signature (perhaps with just contact information) is needed for replies and/or forwards. This helps minimize the ‘clutter’ of repeated signatures and disclaimers within message conversations.
Note: To achieve the same thing for signatures applied by our cloud service (i.e. not via Outlook or Gmail clients), see Creating and applying reply signatures.
Instructions detailed here are for an Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365 subscription; the same steps apply for Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for G Suite, though some field labels will be different.
- Log into the Exclaimer portal (portal.exclaimer.com) and Launch your subscription. All existing signatures (and signature folders) are displayed on the Home page.
- Hover your cursor over the signature that you wish to update and select the Signature rules option:
The Applies to... window is displayed with focus on Server-side options:
- Select the Client-side tab (at the top of the page) to access Outlook options:
- Enable the Set as default for...Forwards and replies option.
- Ensure that the Set as default for...New messages option is disabled.
- Click OK to save changes.