This article guides you through the process of configuring your subscription for BOTH Exclaimer Cloud and Outlook Client (signatures can be synchronized to users' computers for use in Microsoft Outlook, or applied by Exclaimer's cloud service as appropriate). To achieve this, the following steps are required:
- Run the setup wizard for Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365
- Deploy the signature update agent to users' computers
Note: Alternative configuration options are available - please see Configuring Exclaimer Cloud Signatures for Office 365 (overview).
Running the setup wizard
This wizard walks you through the steps required to grant permission for Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365 to read user data from your Azure/Office 365 directory (and maintain a replica in an Exclaimer Cloud database). You will also grant permission for Exclaimer's Outlook Client Agent to sign into Office 365 as a user.
To run the setup wizard, follow steps below:
- Having set up your subscription and launched Exclaimer Cloud Signatures for Office 365, you can choose to Configure the full operational service or Try out the Signature Designer:
Note: If you have previously chosen to Try out the Signature Designer, the Configure the full operational service option will always be available when you launch the product.
- Select Configure the full operational service and then click Next to choose features that you wish to configure.
- Select both via Exclaimer Cloud and via Outlook checkboxes:
- Click Next to view a summary of tasks that will be completed during this setup:
- Click Next to grant permission to read your Azure/Office 365 data:
- Enter the required domain and click Next. You are directed to a page within the Microsoft Online environment, where you should enter Global Administrator credentials and grant permission for Exclaimer Cloud to access required data.
Note: if you're not sure what your domain name should be, see Where can I find my Microsoft Tenant ID?
- Having confirmed these details, you are directed back to Exclaimer's setup wizard, where you'll see confirmation you that you have successfully granted permission for Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365 to read your Azure/Office 365 directory data:
- Click Next to start the Office 365 connector setup - details are shown on a summary page:
- Click Next to provide Global Administrator credentials:
- Enter the username and password for your Global Administrator account:
- Click Next to specify which users are to receive email signatures via Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365. By default, this option is set to all users. However, if you wish to process messages for a particular groups of users, you can specify the name of a Distribution group here, in which case only messages sent from users in this group will be sent to the Exclaimer Cloud for processing:
- Having made the required selection (and entered a Group name, if applicable), click Next to confirm the connection:
Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365 runs through a number of tasks to create required connectors and the transport rule:
These tasks are:
- Create a Send Connector. This redirects each message to the Exclaimer Cloud where the signature is added before it is delivered to the recipient(s).
- Create a Receive Connector. When the Exclaimer Cloud has added the signature, it returns the message back to Office 365 through the Receive Connector.
- A Transport Rule. This allows you to define conditions so you can identify which messages you want to send to Exclaimer Cloud for processing (i.e. to have signatures applied).
In the unlikely event that the Office 365 Connector Setup fails, click the Retry button that shows. If you continue to have issues, simply raise a Support Ticket and an Exclaimer Support Engineer will contact you directly.
- Once these tasks are finished, click Next to confirm the setup:
- Click Next to access the Home page - you're now ready to create your first email signatures in Signatures for Office 365. To learn more about the Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365 interface, see our Finding Your Way Around article.
Deploying the signature update agent to users' computers
To synchronize signatures to Microsoft Outlook, Exclaimer's Signature Update Agent must be deployed to each user's computer. The agent runs in the background and synchronizes signatures at regular intervals.
There are two ways that you can deploy the Signature Update Agent to client computers:
Unless you have a specific need to deploy via GPO, we recommend that URL deployment is used - this is the simplest method, and ensures that the agent is always up to date.
Note: To learn more about the Signature Update Agent, please see our Signature Update Agent article.