You only wish to apply a signature once in an email chain - i.e. when you first send, reply to or forward a message. If a signature has been applied once, it will not be added again for any subsequent replies or forwards in the conversation.
You can achieve this simply, using the exclude option in Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365, as follows:
- Log into Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365.
- Find the first signature that you wish to update (if you are using multiple signatures, you will need to update all of them).
- Select the Applies to option:
Applies to options are displayed:
- In the Exclusion section, select the checkbox for Do not add this signature if the message body contains this text to activate the text field below.
- In the text field, enter a word or phrase that is present in the email signature - for example, your company's registration or VAT number. If the exception word/phrase is found during processing, Exclaimer Cloud will not append the signature again.
- Ensure that the Add the next applicable signature (if any) instead checkbox is NOT selected (so no subsequent signatures are processed).
Note: this process ensures that a signature is only applied once in a conversation and thereafter, no signature is applied. However, an alternative approach is to have a ‘full’ signature’ that is only ever applied once in a conversation, and a shorter version which is applied to any subsequent replies/forwards in the conversation. To learn more about this approach, click here.